File saving options
TiffyLove
2011-11-05 23:08:09 UTC
Ever since I installed Paint Shop Pro when I save an image on the
internet it saves it as a paint shop pro file format. How can I change
it to save as whatever the image is, either jpeg, gif, or whatever?
TiffyLove
2011-11-05 23:12:35 UTC
I have Paint Shop Pro 9
Dave Symes
2011-11-06 07:51:23 UTC
In article
Post by TiffyLove
Post by TiffyLove
Ever since I installed Paint Shop Pro when I save an image on the
internet it saves it as a paint shop pro file format. How can I change
it to save as whatever the image is, either jpeg, gif, or whatever?
I have Paint Shop Pro 9
Try SaveAs or (Function key) f12

Save as type: Dialogue, right hand end of it, click the small down bump
arrow.

Select the filetype you want from the list...

Dave

FWIW. If in, Menu bar, File - Preferences > General Program Preferences,
Display and Caching, [Tab] you have...

"Re-use last type in file SaveAs dialogue" ticked. There after when you
set a file type in the first mentioned Save as type: dialogue, it will
remain set at that until *you* reset it again.

Beware though, Ctrl - S or plain Save, will Save a file in it's orignal
type regardless.
Dave Triffid