Positioning paste where you need it; defaults to middle of screen.
Hypatia
2011-04-03 14:49:56 UTC
My earlier question within last couple of days and this one, address
issues I've had all along with PSP that I'd like to fix, if possible.

You're zoomed into an image in PSP to the zoom that's working well.
You copy/cut something and then paste it. And it gets pasted well
away from where you are all the time. Unlike Paint that paste
something right in the viewing screen you're in, no matter the zoom or
area, PSP doesn't and I'd really like it to mimic MS Paint's criteria
for where to paste. Pasting in PSP often means hunting around and
playing with the zoom just to pick up the pasted piece. Very annoying
behaviour all along even though I love everything else about PSP!

How can we fix this, pls. Thanks.
Whoever
2011-04-04 01:43:39 UTC
Post by Hypatia
You're zoomed into an image in PSP to the zoom that's working well.
You copy/cut something and then paste it. And it gets pasted well
away from where you are all the time. Unlike Paint that paste
something right in the viewing screen you're in, no matter the zoom or
area, PSP doesn't and I'd really like it to mimic MS Paint's criteria
for where to paste. Pasting in PSP often means hunting around and
playing with the zoom just to pick up the pasted piece. Very annoying
behaviour all along even though I love everything else about PSP!
How can we fix this, pls. Thanks.
Don't paste it. Select it then use Promote to Layer in the Selections
menu.
Are we having fun yet?
FACE
2011-04-21 14:01:52 UTC
On Sun, 03 Apr 2011 10:49:56 -0400, in comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro,
Post by Hypatia
My earlier question within last couple of days and this one, address
issues I've had all along with PSP that I'd like to fix, if possible.
You're zoomed into an image in PSP to the zoom that's working well.
You copy/cut something and then paste it. And it gets pasted well
away from where you are all the time. Unlike Paint that paste
something right in the viewing screen you're in, no matter the zoom or
area, PSP doesn't and I'd really like it to mimic MS Paint's criteria
for where to paste. Pasting in PSP often means hunting around and
playing with the zoom just to pick up the pasted piece. Very annoying
behaviour all along even though I love everything else about PSP!
How can we fix this, pls. Thanks.
Zooming, rezooming is easy enough with the mouse roller. IOW, zoom it
down so that you can see where it is, then position it by dragging and
rezoom..
Hypatia
2011-06-25 17:21:05 UTC
Post by Hypatia
My earlier question within last couple of days and this one, address
issues I've had all along with PSP that I'd like to fix, if possible.
You're zoomed into an image in PSP to the zoom that's working well.
You copy/cut something and then paste it. And it gets pasted well
away from where you are all the time. Unlike Paint that paste
something right in the viewing screen you're in, no matter the zoom or
area, PSP doesn't and I'd really like it to mimic MS Paint's criteria
for where to paste. Pasting in PSP often means hunting around and
playing with the zoom just to pick up the pasted piece. Very annoying
behaviour all along even though I love everything else about PSP!
How can we fix this, pls. Thanks.
I have checked back here a couple of times but no one has answered so
far. Thought I'd see if anyone knew how to control that the pastes
always go into the part of the screen that is visible.

Thx.
Whoever
2011-06-25 23:30:35 UTC
Post by Hypatia
Post by Hypatia
You're zoomed into an image in PSP to the zoom that's working well.
You copy/cut something and then paste it. And it gets pasted well
away from where you are all the time. Unlike Paint that paste
something right in the viewing screen you're in, no matter the zoom or
area, PSP doesn't and I'd really like it to mimic MS Paint's criteria
for where to paste. Pasting in PSP often means hunting around and
playing with the zoom just to pick up the pasted piece. Very annoying
behaviour all along even though I love everything else about PSP!
How can we fix this, pls. Thanks.
I have checked back here a couple of times but no one has answered so
far. Thought I'd see if anyone knew how to control that the pastes
always go into the part of the screen that is visible.
Probably because there is no way to "fix" what you are describing.
That is the way the program is designed. A potential workaround is to
make your selection, then instead of copying and pasting it, select what
you were going to copy, then go to the Selection menu and use Promote To
Layer instead. That will create a new layer with the selected material
in it right where it was at. You can then move that content around since
it is on its own layer.
--
Are we having fun yet?