In layers view, keyboard shortcut to rename?
Hypatia
2011-04-03 03:43:40 UTC
i.e., in Windows, say, when you press on F2, you can rename a file or
a folder.

I've looked and looked but have never found a keyboard shortcut once
I'm in the layers view and have selected a layer. I have to
right-click and choose Rename.

Is there any keyboard shortcut instead?
Hypatia
2011-12-16 16:13:39 UTC
I can't believe how difficult this has been to find. I haven't found
any keyboard shortcut for going into rename mode in layers ... i.e.,
in Windows, say, when you press on F2, you can rename a file or
a folder. Once you're in the layers view and have selected a layer
you have to always do a mouse click via right-click and choose Rename.

Is there any keyboard shortcut instead like F2 in Windows environment?
Bill jedi2000@mail.com
2012-02-10 17:17:10 UTC
I can't believe how difficult this has been to find.  I haven't found
any keyboard shortcut for going into rename mode in layers ... i.e.,
in Windows, say, when you press on F2, you can rename a file or
a folder.  Once you're in the layers view and have selected a layer
you have to always do a mouse click via right-click and choose Rename.
Is there any keyboard shortcut instead like F2 in Windows environment?
You can type Alt-LP to bring up properties for the current layer and
rename there.
Additionally, you can assign Alt-FP to a single key (like F5, which
isn't used in my PSP).
j***@gmail.com
2012-02-10 17:19:47 UTC
OOPS!!

I meant assign Alt-LP to a single key :)
Hypatia
2012-09-27 16:07:02 UTC
Post by Hypatia
i.e., in Windows, say, when you press on F2, you can rename a file or
a folder.
I've looked and looked but have never found a keyboard shortcut once
I'm in the layers view and have selected a layer. I have to
right-click and choose Rename.
Is there any keyboard shortcut instead?
Anyone know? I still haven't found an answer to this question. Thx.