How to put two different photos into layers palette with PSP X4
d***@gmail.com
2013-02-28 16:57:26 UTC
I am unable to determine how to put two different photos into the layers palette for PSP X4. When I select one photo it becomes the background. When I select another photo it becomes the background in a separate layers palette.
ron2vn
2013-08-17 02:49:16 UTC
I may be answering this too late to be any use, but here goes anyway:
I use Jasc PSP 9.1, but maybe it will work the same with your Corel version.
First I make a New Raster Background at the size I need.
Add a New Raster Layer.
Click File>Browse, which should bring up a window from which to choose the
first image. This window appears within the workspace, so I simply drag and
drop the image onto my background [or rather, the new layer I've just
created on the background]
Add a New Raster Layer.
The Browse window should still be present, navigate to wherever the second
image is, drag and drop onto the new layer.
I use the Raster Deform Tool to resize/reshape the two images to fit
comfortably beside each other on the background. Make the individual layers
active as needed to work with each image.
But if I want the images to be stacked on top of each other [for example:
image #1 a street scene, with image #2 a person I want to place on the
street] then I have to play around with removing superfluous parts of image
#2 [the eraser tool works ok for this, but there are third-party tools that
often do a better job of removing unwanted parts of photos. I like a free
program called Inpaint].
When satisfied with the result, Merge All and Save As [file name].
palette.
m***@gmail.com
2013-09-30 04:23:14 UTC
Post by d***@gmail.com
I am unable to determine how to put two different photos into the layers palette for PSP X4.
Use a better piece of software that helps you get work done instead of fighting with the software.

Use Illustrator or some other professional software.

Mike
http://artistmike.com/
Dave Symes
2013-09-30 05:53:36 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by d***@gmail.com
I am unable to determine how to put two different photos into the
layers palette for PSP X4.
Use a better piece of software that helps you get work done instead of
fighting with the software.
Use Illustrator or some other professional software.
Mike
http://artistmike.com/
Assuming I totally misunderstand the original question.

Say, you have two pictures on screen in PSP.

Main photo
Secondary photo

Click the title bar of your secondary photo to activate it.

Do Ctrl A (Ctrl and "A" key together)

Click the title bar of the Main photo...
Do Ctrl L

You now have two different pictures in the layer Palette.
Use the Move tool to move it around, background remover tool, or any other
tool to work on each layer as you want.

I used this method recently when I wanted to create a picture with
multiple different planes in it.

Started with the main image, then added lots of layers each with a
different plane in it.
Background eraser to remove everything in each Layer image so that only
the plane was left, Resized as required for perspective, used the Move
tool to position...

Ended up with a squadron of different planes in the one image.

Use Illustrator, my arse.

Dave
Dave Triffid
m***@gmail.com
2013-10-08 18:10:36 UTC
Post by Dave Symes
Use Illustrator, my arse.
Dave
Dave, just buy a better piece of software and stop trying to use crappy software that fights you.

Mike
http://artistmike.com/
Dave Symes
2013-10-08 18:40:35 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Post by Dave Symes
Use Illustrator, my arse.
Dave
Dave, just buy a better piece of software and stop trying to use crappy
software that fights you.
Mike
Well, we are each entitled to our views, and we obviously have different
views...

The original Q was about doing something in PSP, which I explained can be
done quite easily.

So... If you are so down on PSP, and this is a PSP NewsGroup after all,
why are you here, just to Troll I assume.

Dave.
Dave Triffid
Jonz
Nah... He just got out of jail so he is looking for something to do.
m***@gmail.com
2013-10-10 00:32:33 UTC
I just got out of jail so I am looking for something to do.
Don't feel bad. You are keeping your family tradition alive.

:)

Mike
http://artistmike.com

m***@gmail.com