Best way to learn
Kitty
2004-05-11 01:53:47 UTC
How do you learn this program?
Fugitive
2004-05-11 03:19:21 UTC
Post by Kitty
How do you learn this program?
You do, just like in the Army, OJT, or On The Job, training. Just grab
the pen or mouse, and make something go your way.

Gallery http://www.picturetrail.com/fugitive1
http://gregsplace.50megs.com
trev
2004-05-11 08:53:06 UTC
Post by Kitty
How do you learn this program?
Start with the Product tour and Learning centre under Help on the menu.Find
the tools and then how to use them Before trying to create that Masterpiece
Undo is you friend,
More at http://www.campratty.com/Resources/linda/sort1.html
Kris Zaklika
2004-05-11 14:53:33 UTC
Post by Kitty
How do you learn this program?
The brief answer is that you learn it the same way as anything else,
which is to break the process down into manageable small elements.
Start by recognizing that you are unlikely to need all the possible
capabilities of the program at the outset. This makes it much
simpler to make headway. Next decide on the three or four tasks
that are of the most interest to you at the beginning. For instance,
do you primarily want to enhance and print photos, or create web
graphics, or do digital arts and crafts projects, etc.?

Once you've established these things, you can move to the various
learning resources. Included with the program (under Help) is a
Product Tour and a Learning Center. These give some idea how to set
about various tasks. The Help system, in contrast, is not task
oriented but instead explains how to use the various controls.
The Learning Center (http://www.jasc.com/support/learn/?) on the
Jasc web site includes projects and introductory materials here:
http://www.jasc.com/support/learn/psptutorials.asp? Additionally
the PSP FAQ (http://campratty.com/questions.html, and also
http://campratty.com/index.html and http://campratty.com/search.html)
provides a wealth of information. Another source of help and advice
are the Jasc User Forums (http://www.jasc.com/community/forums/?).

When you have a little basic familiarity with the program and its
tools, you can move onto accomplishing specific projects, for which
many tutorials are available. One of the most extensive listings
of PSP tutorials is here: http://www.psplinks.com. Should you run
into trouble with a tutorial or fail to understand it, I would
recommend asking a question about it in the Forums. The people
there are very helpful. Once you know enough about the program to
know what you don't know but would like to know, you could also
consider taking an on-line class. One particular one that has been
popular with people is http://www.lvsonline.com/. Courses are
offered on PSP 8 (http://www.lvsonline.com/courses1a.shtml) and
on PSP 7 (http://www.lvsonline.com/courses1a.shtml#psp7) and are
geared to various levels of expertise and to different interests.
Depending on your particular interests, there are also newsgroups
devoted to specific aspects of PSP such as tubes or scrapbooking.
A number can be found on the news.annexcafe.com server.

I hope this has given you an overview of where you can find learning
information. You will discover that PSP users are a helpful lot,
who are very willing to assist a beginner. If you do ask questions,
though, please try and make them as specific as possible since that
usually generates the most useful replies.
Colin Steadman
2004-05-12 12:34:26 UTC
Post by Kitty
How do you learn this program?
My breakthrough came after watching a friend use PSP. He absolutely
revolutionised my use of PSP. I'd used PSP for quite a while this,
but I didn't really know what it was about or what I was doing. After
half an hour with him I felt in control and was blown away by what I
could do in PSP. Infact I dont know how I managed before. So if you
know anyone that already uses it, grab 10 minutes with them.

Also because I believe I've only scratched the surface of what PSP can
do I try and spend the odd lunch break following other peoples
tutorials (which is why I'm looking through this forum today). It
doesn't matter what the tutuorial is, just doing them, and seeing how
other people use the tools is a great way to learn.

HTH

Colin
Fugitive
2004-05-12 18:25:41 UTC
Post by Colin Steadman
Post by Kitty
How do you learn this program?
My breakthrough came after watching a friend use PSP. He absolutely
revolutionised my use of PSP. I'd used PSP for quite a while this,
but I didn't really know what it was about or what I was doing. After
half an hour with him I felt in control and was blown away by what I
could do in PSP. Infact I dont know how I managed before. So if you
know anyone that already uses it, grab 10 minutes with them.
Also because I believe I've only scratched the surface of what PSP can
do I try and spend the odd lunch break following other peoples
tutorials (which is why I'm looking through this forum today). It
doesn't matter what the tutuorial is, just doing them, and seeing how
other people use the tools is a great way to learn.
HTH
Colin
You just gave me a thot. What if they made a series of small films to
show psp processes. Seeing, is better than reading. I know TechTV is
small,because of the way they operate. Perhaps a local 1/2 hour TV
show, that could slowly build, until it had 10 outlets, and then 26,
and then, national, and then I could be a guest. Forget, never happen.

Gallery http://www.picturetrail.com/fugitive1
http://gregsplace.50megs.com
JP Kabala
2004-05-12 23:26:55 UTC
One of the reasons I advise people to take live classes
when they can... (aside from the fact that I teach)
but there is something about being able to see someone's
thought processes...

I freely admit that my entire approach to digital art was
changed by a class I took in "that other software" taught
by Bert Monroy. For nearly 6 weeks, I sat there spellbound
as he turned my world and my paradigms upside down.
He smacked me upside the head with channels and layers
and masks and blend modes until I thought my brain
would explode....I loved it!

I still take live classes whenever I can-- community colleges,
and computer user groups here both have PSP classes now,
and I take professional-level classes in other packages, too--
even when I know as much about the program as they do
(which is often the case nowadays) because there's always
a fresh way to look at a tool, a technique, an approach.
Colin
Colin Steadman
2004-05-13 07:11:36 UTC
Post by JP Kabala
[...]
These live classes you talk about, are they online? Could you give me
some information about content, knowledge required and costs. Might
be interested in taking one myself. I agree with you completely,
watching how other people get things done is really beneficial!

TIA,

Colin
Uni
2004-05-13 07:48:18 UTC
Post by Colin Steadman
Post by JP Kabala
[...]
I think the ones JPK attends use flash cards.

:-)

Uni

Could you give me
--
"I am not getting any new articles on Octanews for the last several
hours. I am posting through their posting server though, and the

"I cannot go to the websites of Octanews & Shared-Secrets, something
wrong?" - Psycho, 2004

"Octanews: Error 441: Non Existent Newsgroup(s) - I've just signed up
for a 4 gig block, and can D/L headers and bodies
but when I try to post I get the error msg.
Anyone know why?" - Jo, 2004

"If you're gonna do forging, I recommend Altopia! Mmmm, uncensored
news. ^_^ " - Onideus Mad Hatter, 2004

"I am being forged in another group, forged using my nic as well as
my valid email address. I tried to forward the headers to
'***@usenetserver.com', the abuse address listed in UNS posts,
and the email bounced saying the address was not valid." - Be4U, 2003
D.G.
2004-05-13 09:37:30 UTC
Post by Colin Steadman
Post by JP Kabala
[...]
Have a look at http://www.lvsonline.com/ gives content, knowledge
required and costs ($25 for new student). You might notice some
familiar names amongst the tutors.
Regards
D.G.

BOLTON North West England

***@ddaiv.co.uk
JP Kabala
2004-05-13 09:59:01 UTC
Actually, I meant live, "go sit in a classroom with a living, breathing,
person"-type classes, but LVS does on-line classes.

if you e-mail me and let me know where you are geographically,
I might be able to help you find something local to you
Colin
Old Nick
2004-05-14 02:42:30 UTC
On Tue, 11 May 2004 01:53:47 GMT, "Kitty" <***@earthlink.net>
vaguely proposed a theory
......and in reply I say!:
uncap my header address to reply via email

I can't believe that a rudely-asked, minimalist question like this,
approaching trollhood, gets such full, helpful, non-judgmental answers
answers.

Maybe that's the secret? If you say absolutely nothing worthwhile,
nobody can pick on your wording.
Post by Kitty
How do you learn this program?

Sometimes in a workplace you find snot on the wall of
the toilet cubicles. You feel "What sort of twisted
child would do this?"....the internet seems full of
them. It's very sad
N***@aol.com
2012-12-15 18:45:06 UTC
Post by Kitty
How do you learn this program?
hi - I would really like to give this a try - where can I download the programme so I can try this - the end product from the tutorial sI have seen look brilliant - thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction
Mark
j***@ebigman.com
2013-02-12 23:12:08 UTC
You can download a trial version of PSP at http://www.corel.com/corel/product/index.jsp?pid=prod4900069&hptrack=na_mf_ts15ult_20113
s***@gmail.com
2013-02-08 03:54:00 UTC
Post by Kitty
How do you learn this program?
I've also found on FaceBook which I now hate with a passion, that you can also make printable stationery too, but only 1 group on there teaches it & she uses version 7.04 as I have version 9.0 if any one on here knows how to do that please let me know. As I refuse to use fb again & be bullied like i was on there with the Queen of stationery.

Thanks,
Tamara
j***@ebigman.com
2013-02-12 23:15:25 UTC
Post by s***@gmail.com
I've also found on FaceBook which I now hate with a passion, that you can also make printable stationery too, but only 1 group on there teaches it & she uses version 7.04 as I have version 9.0 if any one on here knows how to do that please let me know. As I refuse to use fb again & be bullied like i was on there with the Queen of stationery.
Thanks,
Tamara
Here are a few links to PSP forums:

http://www.pspug.org/

http://ravenspaintshoppro.yuku.com/

http://www.michelespaintshop.com/forum/

Do a search on youtube.com for "paint shop pro" tutorials, specifically on stationary that you're interested in.
m***@gmail.com
2013-10-20 08:16:52 UTC
Post by Kitty
How do you learn this program?
You don't ... you are too goofy to learn much of anything.

Mike
http://artistmike.com