PSP7 or PSP9 in Windows 7 - anyone got working properly?
Charlie+
2019-09-02 05:44:31 UTC
Any tricks to getting to work in Windows 7?
Tried a few days ago with PSP7 and it loaded and worked after a fashion
(W7 x64) but no real success.
These are XP era programs which work faultlessly under XP. C+
NotMe
2019-09-10 05:08:48 UTC
Post by Charlie+
Any tricks to getting to work in Windows 7?
Tried a few days ago with PSP7 and it loaded and worked after a fashion
(W7 x64) but no real success.
These are XP era programs which work faultlessly under XP. C+
They both work but will revert to XP graphics window, Only open files
from within the program (no right click - open with),and only print to
the default printer.
Charlie+
2019-09-10 06:11:15 UTC
Post by NotMe
Post by Charlie+
Any tricks to getting to work in Windows 7?
Tried a few days ago with PSP7 and it loaded and worked after a fashion
(W7 x64) but no real success.
These are XP era programs which work faultlessly under XP. C+
They both work but will revert to XP graphics window, Only open files
from within the program (no right click - open with),and only print to
the default printer.
Thanks for reading and reply, I dont understand quite what you mean by
'revert to XP graphics' window? Is this something I can workaround?
I tried to use the camera button to capture Multiple screen areas and it
failed with many artifacts and I had to give up!
If I can make it useable I would rather stick to a well used and
understood program than have to relearn with Gimp etc. C+
NotMe
2019-10-13 02:37:21 UTC
Post by Charlie+
Post by NotMe
Post by Charlie+
Any tricks to getting to work in Windows 7?
Tried a few days ago with PSP7 and it loaded and worked after a fashion
(W7 x64) but no real success.
These are XP era programs which work faultlessly under XP. C+
They both work but will revert to XP graphics window, Only open files
from within the program (no right click - open with),and only print to
the default printer.
Thanks for reading and reply, I dont understand quite what you mean by
'revert to XP graphics' window? Is this something I can workaround?
I tried to use the camera button to capture Multiple screen areas and it
failed with many artifacts and I had to give up!
If I can make it useable I would rather stick to a well used and
understood program than have to relearn with Gimp etc. C+
I was wrong it reverts to Win 7 Basic menus. it's been awhile since I
used it. Tried the capture on a photo and agree it is not the best.
other screenshot tools you will need to do a copy and paste. Ninite .com
has offers safe downloads of a variety of software, most open source.
There is a screenshot program, Greenshot, in the Imaging section that
might be better, I have not tried that program though.
Charlie+
2019-10-13 06:03:33 UTC
Post by NotMe
Post by Charlie+
Post by NotMe
Post by Charlie+
[...]
Thanks NotMe for the Ninite reminder - Id' forgotten about that one!!
C+